Attributes I look for in my support people

  • patience

  • good sense of humour

  • cleanliness

  • punctuality

  • good use of initiative

  • good presentation

  • make good use of time

  • intelligence

  • considerate

  • relaxed

  • not overbearing

  • good communication

  • positive

Due to the highly personal level of the role I look for people that can adapt to different environments and have the ability to put themselves in my position and adjust their behaviour accordingly to the situation.


Some examples of different environments and situations are

  • professionalism at my work or during business lunches.

  • unobtrusiveness in mine and Sarah's home.

  • when I'm out for lunch with friends and only need your assistance with eating so you simply have to sit there quietly.

  • when I am out with somebody that is still learning to understand my speech and you would need to be very aware of when to assist them in understanding me or when to not help them so that they learn to understand me by themselves.