Support Person Shifts

Here are the shifts I am looking to fill at present, these are shared between up to 4 people:

Mornings: 7.00am -– 10.00am Monday - Friday
  • You would be assisting me with showering, shaving, going to the toilet, getting dressed -– what you would do yourself in the mornings.
  • During the time when you were not directly assisting me you would do my share of the morning household duties, such as washing the dishes, etc.
  • I would leave at 8.20 each morning to go to work and you would accompany me to my office. Upon getting me set-up at my desk you would make me breakfast and assist me to eat it at my desk.
  • Necessity and time permitting I may get you to do general admin tasks for me.

Midday: 12.30pm -– 2.30pm Monday - Friday
  • Assisting me to eat my lunch - this may mean eating at my desk, making sandwiches and going to civic square or accompanying me to meet a friend at a cafe/restaurant.
  • Assisting me in the bathroom, etc.
  • Necessity and time permitting I may get you to do general admin tasks for me.

Evenings: 5.00pm -– 8.00pm Monday - Sunday
  • This shift will vary depending on what I feel like doing. I could be going home to bath Amber, going for after work drinks, meeting a friend for dinner, going to the supermarket, going home to cook dinner or doing personal/household tasks which I have not otherwise had time to do. Therefore, your role will vary during this shift.

Weekends: 9.00am - 12.00pm Saturday and Sunday
  • Getting up and showered and all that normal morning stuff. Maybe make breakfast for Sarah and I or help me do my share of the housework or other things I cannot do by myself.

The above shifts will be shared between a group of support people. Due to my speech impediment, I find that people need to do at least three shifts per week in order for them to gain competency in understanding and assisting me.